Search

Sunday, October 24, 2010

burn baby burn

I like my coffee table relatively clear save for a stack of magazines, a candle and my book of the moment (currently Jack Kerouac's Dharma Bums.) But when I saw these Rock of Ages Press matchbooks, I had to concede space to them. With phrases like "holy smoke" accompanied by an image of Guadalupe, or the likeness of Lakshmi next to wishes of "good karma", these matches add intention to the small task of lighting a flame.
It feels natural to bring the warmer scented candles out once summer has turned to fall... but what I love about Fresh's Sake candle is that it seems fitting year round. Bright and warm, it's both refreshing and relaxing.
I've been lighting this candle for years now - something I look forward to coming home to, now added to by the Joan of Arc "burn baby burn" matches. Slightly controversial? Eh, maybe. They're just matches.

No comments:

Post a Comment